Governor’s palace, Citadel of Alessandria 

Palazzo_del_governatore_03

Governor’s palace, Citadel of Alessandria 

Designed in 1761 by architect Lorenzo Bernardino Pinto, the Governor’s palace is articulated in three wings of two floors plus the attic. Vacant since many years, the building is planned to be transformed into a museum of the Citadel of Alessandria itself, a remarkable and very large example of military architecture of the 18th century.

At the ground floor the program includes the foyer, bookshop and cafeteria in the central wing, and museum and offices in the lateral wings. The second floor is completely dedicated to the museum, including a section dedicated to uniforms.
SEE ALL

Architecture: DAR e Isolarchitetti
Structures: ICIS
Systems: MCM
Total amount of works: 2.500.000 Euro

Palazzo_del_governatore_01

Palazzo_del_governatore_02

Palazzo_del_governatore_03

Palazzo_del_governatore_04

Palazzo_del_governatore_05-ok